Steps for resolve broadband internet issue
Your broadband internet is not working or stopped suddenly ? Here is a checklist to do before contacting customer-care or any other replacement.
- Check the ISP Phone line is connected to your router ( Modem ) properly.
- Check the connection between computer and router is properly connected or not.
- Check the power supply.
- Check your LAN indication light on router is turned on ( mostly it will be green )
- If LAN indication is not showing, issue is with the connection between router and computer.
- Check the DSL indication lamp on router is turned on.
- If the DSL is not steady or turned on, then the issue with the connection between ISP server and modem. ( Then call your ISP customer care immediately )
- If all these things working properly, then its the time for checking your computer.
- First do a ping command from your command prompt ( ping 192.168.1.1 ) . 192.168.1.1 will be the default setting for router’s local ip address.
- If the ping failed, then surely its due to networking between computer and router issue. Check your cable and all.
- If the ping is successful, then check your antivirus & firewall options ( and do a trial and error attempt by turning off and on )
- Check your network connection properties and check your default gateway, DNS servers and Ip address configurations are correct or not.
- Its all will take maximum 10-15 minutes. 90% of the issue with broadband can be rectified by these steps.
If the internet connection issue from your your ISP side,then you can do nothing with that. Call your customer care ( it will be in their bills, receipt, emails and website.). Now a days most of the ISP having good customer support and will rectify the issue within 24 hours time.